Phil Nash joins Chris and Josey again, this time to look at working with code dependencies in svn, git, and discuss various package managers. The trio depend on puns, dad jokes, and more to figure out once and for all how to handle dependency hell.
- Binaries vs source code references
- DLL Hell
- C++ and Package Managers
- Migrations between source control
- Package Managers
- Diamond Dependency Problem
- ...and so much more!
MUSIC FROM THE CCMIXTER COMMUNITY
Snazzy Intro: On Top of the World by texasradiofish (c) copyright 2015 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/texasradiofish/50478 Ft: John Fletcher, Patricia Edwards, ElRon XChile, Speck, alexplaysguitar
Live Show Starting Soon: cdk - Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/cdk/53755
Live Show Outro: ＭＩＬＬＥＮＮＩＡＬＳ by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/cdk/57150
- Introduction - The Cargo Book — Cargo is the Rust package manager
- What is ABI, and What Should WG21 Do About It?
- C/C++ Open Source Package Manager — The open source, decentralized and multi-platform package manager to create and share all your native binaries.
- vcpkg — Vcpkg helps you manage C and C++ libraries on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
- build2 | C++ Build Toolchain — build2 is an open source (MIT), cross-platform build toolchain for developing and packaging C and C++ code.
- Buckaroo - The C++ Package Manager — Buckaroo is a package manager for C/C++
- pip · PyPI — pip is the package installer for Python.
- Phil Nash's website: Level of Indirection
- Homepage - My Old Dutch — Pancakes!